aubwriter is a longtime role-player, and the four of us at one point had gotten together in an attempt to start a campaign. (I got to run a "Son of Mars Needs Llamas" TOON one-shot game, but that's neither here nor there.) So when it came time to assemble a wedding card ...
My path was obvious. I created the
WEDDING RANDOM ENCOUNTER TABLE (2d6)
- Jukebox of Many Things
- Inebriated party guest. (Use stats for half-orc)
- Flower arrangement. (10% chance of a sentient rose bush posing as arrangement; 3 HD, THAC0 16, d6+1 dmg)
- Buffet table. Food heals as Cure Light Wounds. d6: 1-5 catered, 6 home-cooked.
- 1d4 in-laws. (Use stats for ogre)
- A level 1d8 cleric of PC's faith.
- Bridesmaid (4 HP, THAC0 20, d3 cute damage)
- Champagne bottle. One-shot ranged weapon, d4+1 dmg, x5 against chandeliers.
- Photographer. (Camera is +3 to hit, damage: blinds for 2 turns)
- Two rings. (roll randomly on Magic Item Table)
- A wandering dragon and princess stop by to pay their respects.