1. You see an open box of assorted filled chocolates in a public area at work. They were left by one of your coworkers and are meant to be shared. The chocolates are unlabeled; there is no key indicating what's inside them.
2. All of the conditions of question #1, *PLUS*: Someone has smashed open all of the chocolates. The damage is very prominent. However, the pieces have all stayed separate; the mess factor is negligible; and you can now see what they're filled with.
3. All of the conditions of question #2, PLUS: Written on the box in large letters are the words "SAFE TO EAT. YUM YUM!"
4. All of the conditions of question #3, PLUS: A trustworthy coworker says the chocolates were smashed open in a sanitary fashion, without being touched by human hands.
5. All of the conditions of question #4, PLUS: You can see that at least one of the chocolates has a filling you really like.
6. If the box from question #4 (all damaged but ID'd; breakage was sanitary) and the box from question #1 (pristine mystery chocolates) were on the table side by side, which would you choose?
Explain yourself in comments, if you'd like -- especially if your reasons for the decision are unexpected. For example, I only went for them once they were broken -- but for the undoubtedly strange reason that I expected nobody else would, and I didn't want them to go to waste!