Baxil [bakh-HEEL'], n.
[The TTU Wiki]
View My LJ
Okay, so to firm this up, I'll shoot you a few suggestions for things I'd like to hear from you about, and you can let me know if any of them are things you'd feel like talking about, and then I'll have something more concrete to remember to poke you about:
1) Life, the universe and everything, in general. Your beliefs, what you think the universe is fundamentally like, where you think we're headed, what it's all about, etc.
2) Order and chaos. Not just "which one you support", if any, but what you think those concepts mean. How do you define them? Do they have any value as separate concepts?
3) Politics. What are your political leanings and why? What are your biggest concerns in politics, your most important issues, and why?
4) Draconity and what it means to you. Have your feelings changed on it since you set out with this idea so long ago? What have been the best and worst parts of discovering it in yourself? What have been the best and worst parts of sharing it with others? What do you feel about the community?
5) Fiction. How meaningful is it to you? What kinds of fiction do you connect to? Do you prefer to write or read? Have you ever attached to a fictional character so deeply that their plight was as important to you as a meatspace friend or family member's? What pieces of fiction shaped you, as a kid?
6) What are the Big Important Things to you, and why are they important? What defines you? If you were asked "Who are you?" and encouraged to answer in depth on the first few points that sprung to mind, what would you say?
|Date:||January 16th, 2008 08:35 am (UTC)|| |
Just wanted to come back and mention - I've had a few extra things on my plate the last two weeks, and I've been trying to channel my recent burst of wordiness into the low-hanging fruit (such as posting stories already written). But I've filed both mental and written bookmarks here, and once I stagger out from the weight of all the other things I want to write right now, I plan to revisit this post and start going through the list.
You're muchly welcome! Glad my suggestions could be of use, and thanks for pinging me about it. Can very much understand the stuff-on-your-plate part, and what you're writing/posting lately is plenty interesting, anyway.