Baxil [bakh-HEEL'], n.
[The TTU Wiki]
View My LJ
FirefoxBorn! (aka Browser: The Paginating)|
|Date:||September 7th, 2010 08:03 pm (UTC)|| |
> Also, shouldn't section 4.03 be Forbidden?
(*realizes he botched his Render roll*)
Yes but! ... er ... Ah yes. If I had fully run with the 40X Response Code theme, the core of the rules would have been entirely inaccessible. So I invoked my vile blue-Majiqck Patch of Ignore Prevailing Web Standards in order to improve the finished material.
(Basically, the 404 was a convenient excuse to not have to type up lengthy lists of boring crap. The parody is probably already overlong. I discovered halfway through the project that the goals of "Write Good Parody" and "Write Usable RPG" are occasionally at loggerheads.)
See, but there's so many underappreciated HTTP response codes. A sampler, many obvious, some more usable than others:
- 201 Created: authorship information, or character creation.
- 203 Non-Authoritative Information: fanfiction links.
- 204 No Content: “This section intentionally left blank.”
- 409 Conflict: the battle system.
- 410 Gone: things removed since the previous version, or player character death.
- 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable: areas of effect.
- 417 Expectation Failed: how this system is different than others.
- 502 Bad Gateway: what happens when majiqck goes wrong.
Ironically, LiveJournal wants me to confirm that I'm a human. I call discrimination! @.@