Oh hey! Had the source song come up for this one on Shuffle today, realized I never posted it, and further realized that the conversation which started the whole thing off (friends-locked) is three years old yesterday. So, um, happy birthday to something? You would seriously not believe how tough this song is to rewrite. I managed to hit most of the meter and most of the rhymes, though. Had to do a little final polishing work tonight, and there are still a few rough spots. SAVE A HORSE (Ride a Dragon) TTTO Big & Rich's " Save A Horse (Ride a Cowboy) " Well, he rides into my cave Armored in shiny metal pants Fry his lance with a glance All these princes, and not enough romance Now when someone with a shiny crown comes round I want to see a pretty gown Cut way down -- I'm sick of all these one-knight stands. (CHORUS) And I take off from my lair And I fly over the city Swoop past the castle, where All the damsels are so pretty. Gold and jewels won't tempt me, cause I came for more fun: (and the maidens say:) Save a horse, ride a dragon. Everybody says Save a horse, ride a dragon. Well I don't give a dang about treasure Cause hoardin's oh so borin' While I could be scorin' Time to play! And I've never chained a princess To a stake outside -- I don't need 'em tied. Once we take a ride She will realize why she wants to stay! (CHORUS) (Spoken:) "I'm royal-bred" That's what she said "And my dad will have your head" But we took in the view and flew straight to my big mountain cave. She was unprepared, cold and scared; I set her down and cleaned the whole lair While she was praying just about as fast as she had ever prayed. Well, her evaluation of my dragon reputation Had her expecting burnination all night long But I draped her in jewels I'd won Showed her how to use a lizard's tongue The fear wore off, and everyone was having fun SO WE MADE LOOOVE... (FINAL CHORUS) And I take off from my lair And I fly over the city Swoop past the castle, where All the damsels are so pretty. Gold and jewels won't tempt me, cause I came for more fun: (and the maidens say:) Save a horse, ride a dragon. (Everybody says:) Save a horse, ride a dragon. (Rawr! Rawr!) Save a horse, ride a dragon. (Everybody says:) Save a horse, ride a dragon.