The name meme - Baxil [bakh-HEEL'], n.
[The TTU Wiki]
View My LJ
The name meme|
A reasonably short list; in my decade online my handle has been preternaturally consistent:
- If you know me as Tad, you're a family member, a coworker, the IRS, or flat-out cannot stand the idea of draconity.
- If you know me as Dragonguy, you're Catboy. Or Nature Girl. To the Baxmobile, Robert! [n.b.: May someday scan in those cartoons. "Dragon Guy vs. Pog Man" wasn't too bad.]
- If you know me as Longfellow ... wait a minute, half of those poems I never showed to anyone, and the other half were only ever published under a less embarrassing name.
- If you know me as Ash, you're wrong. *whacks your head against the TTU disclaimer repeatedly*
- If you know me as Mr. Pridus, you're basically wrong, and have either just read the name off of my credit card or online resume.
- If you know me as Treeslayer, you ph33r my AWP. Or, equally likely, I ph33r yours.
- If you know me as Chalupita, you probably got sold a secondhand name-engraved Harlequin Crest in Diablo II online play, paying far too much in trade for it to some gutless shade of a player-killer; and if you remember their name, could you please let me know? Karmic retribution has some work to do.
- If you know me as Murotunikel, you're from the future. Could you save me a few minutes of typing and e-mail me my @desc and @cinfo? Kthx.
- If you know me by my Name, you know my Name. *cue spooky music*
- If you know me as Jennifer, you are so reading the wrong Livejournal.
- If you know me as Bax, see below.
- If you know me as Baxil ("bach-HEEL"), you're either a very careful reader or have met me in person.
- If you know me as Baxil ("backs-ull"), you're ... uh ... just about anyone else.
Current Mood: reflective
Current Music: Silvertear, "So Deep - Perfect Sphere remix" (non-DDR vers.)
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 01:01 am (UTC)|| |
If you know me as Baxil ("bach-HEEL"), you're either a very careful reader or have met me in person.
Heh... I was just correcting someone on that the other day.
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 01:12 am (UTC)|| |
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 01:15 am (UTC)|| |
I totally don't remember the context now.
I use Bax because it's shorter. Names of one sillybobble are preferred, as there are easier to yell and/or make out over the radio.
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 02:24 am (UTC)|| |
Y'know, I still correct myself as to the pronunciation of your name.
BTW, I've given up trying to correctly pronounce my given name as most people's (who I meet and introduce myself to) palates can't form themselves around the syllables. After about 16 years, you get used to it.
You have a Name? Is it one of those Names?
Also, credit card?
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 03:13 am (UTC)|| |
I still do myself, on occasion;
I recall you at one point saying it was close to "ruck-ee" (though I don't remember the exact way you put it), so that's about what I go by, and it's probably as wrong as the rest of them;
and, yep, my credit card company has decided that Baxil Pridus is worthy of a card. (Though they refused to issue me one as simply Baxil. Must have that last name, you know!)
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 11:55 am (UTC)|| |
Raki: it's very simple -- "Ra" like the Egyptian sun god ("Hurrah for the sun god, he's a real fun god, Ra Ra Ra!!"); "ki" like 'key' or 'quay', the thing you stick into locks and swivel to make them open (or possibly a harbour/dock/wharf/pier/thing).
The given name pronunciation will probably appear in a protected entry.
|Date:||March 16th, 2004 07:30 am (UTC)|| |
One you might want to add:
- If you have ever had the urge to call me Bagel, you need to get more sleep or need your ears checked.
I've known you as Baxil (bach-heel) ever since I first read that it was pronounced as such and we talked via a few emails. :]
|Date:||April 7th, 2004 12:45 pm (UTC)|| |
"If you know me as Baxi.."
|Date:||April 7th, 2004 02:55 pm (UTC)|| |
If you know me as Baxi, you know who you are.